Our final week in Ivoryton.
The week started off with a much needed day of rest, and prep for the upcoming week. Tuesday we were not called to the theatre so we met up with our stage manager, and Lighting/sound operator and enjoyed lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and the mall. We had so much fun I think there was a point when all of us laughed so hard we were crying. It was a lot of fun to be social outside the "confines" of work. Wednesday was back to work, well after a small holiday office party. ;) Then back to the stage for a rehearsal and brush up.
Thursday was interesting because we started the day with a radio interview. Yes you read that right a radio interview. It was a local am station that has interviewed NTD a few times and for every show at the Ivoryton Playhouse they do an interview. I was a bit nervous for this interview, I did not know what to prep or what questions they would ask and I knew it was going to be my voice and Taylor who would be speaking for the company. Joey and Chrissy were there and were answering questions but the signs could not be seen over the radio. The station was HOT, even the women who was interviewing us said "leave your coats in the lobby, it will be hot fast." With us 4 plus the managing director from Ivoryton plus our interviewer and the engineer in a very small room, good thing the interview was only 30 mins long! The interview went well, and I hope to find a copy to listen to again. Maybe I will post here... we will see! After the interview it was back home to prep for the nights show. And this show was going to be special! 60+ students from American School for the Deaf were busing down to see the show! Oh boy was it fun! During the second act we have a bit of audience participation. Wow those kids were so involved!! After the show we made sure to come up and greet the audience soon. The kids were still laughing and excited to meet us after the show.
Friday was an interesting start to the day. We were all coming off our high from last nights show and excitement for the next four shows, but we woke up to the news about the elementary school shooting. All four of us entertain kids, we travel to elementary schools as our job. We were only an hour away from the shooting. Because we were in CT we could not turn the tv channel without seeing the news, nothing else was on. It was a tough way for us (for everyone) to start the day.
Saturday was two shows and Sunday was our final show.
For the Sunday show, the kids chorus had given each one of the actors a gift that would match one of their characters in the show. I got a Violin, Chrissy got "Reindeer" feed, Taylor got a polar bear mug and Joey got coffee and a sleigh. We also got a fleece throw blanket, yep they know how much we all like to take naps! After the show we packed up, cleaned up, I had a few friends in the audience I got to chat with for a bit, and then said good bye to the theatre. Our costumes were hung up and laundry set out for the last time. Bags were filled with mementos and gifts from the past two weeks. As I hugged one of the chorus girls I told her, "in Theatre it is never good bye it just till the next show. We always come back around and we will meet again soon."
We then went to our executive directors home for pizza and to watch a movie version of "A Child's Christmas in Wales" with NTD filmed in 1973 with Bernard Bragg. It also had Linda Bove and Phyllis Frelich and Ed Waterstreet. The Voice actor/Narrator for the show was Michael Redgrave!! What a treat! It was a great way to end our time with the show.
After that we went home to pack up, clean up and get ready to head out our separate ways on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment