I knew this adventure would be a roller coaster for/of emotions. I did not realize that I would feel them all in one day or in a matter of a few minutes. So far the only emotions I have not felt are anger (and why would I??) and nervousness (yet to come I know!!).
Tonight I had my final wrap up party with the cast of "Maybe in a Moment". and I started to cry. It was a happy cry. But it was a sad cry at the same time. Yet it was a happy cry... haha (My sisters are rolling their eyes at this point) During this wrap up party we were asked to fill out a few questions about the entire process, and two questions that started this teary event were "What did you learn about yourself" and "What did you learn about the group".
So what did I learn??
I learned about patience and how I have it, how I dont have it and how I need to express it. I also learned that yes I can move and be an actor. From the group I learned so much I could not write it all down. Everything and anything about mental illnesses, and life living with one. I was inspired by this one member everyday. How I could find a connection with the personal stories. When sharing this with the cast is when I started to feel that sad emotion and then I told the group I was moving. I got a round of applause!! Which made me more emotional because of the support of the cast.
I will always remember this cast because it was my acting debut and my first professional acting gig!! Yet, more I will remember this cast for each unique personality that shone so bright when they were on stage.
Two quotes from my inspiring member:
"I went on living despite the struggle"
"Get an Education, It cant be taken away from you"
No comments:
Post a Comment